The assignments for Units 6–9 will be focused on a Population Health Care Delivery Project.
The four components of this Population Health Care Delivery Project include:
- community risk assessment
- intervention development
- implementation plan
- evaluation plan
In this unit you will complete the Community Risk Assessment which is the first step in development of a Population Health Care Delivery Project.
This Assignment is used as the evaluation tool for Course Outcome 2: Summarize, based on the evidence, specific population health risks.
You will write a 3–5 page MS Word document (excluding the title and reference pages) which contains:
- demographic and social determinants, including multicultural and diverse communities for your population health;
- community infrastructure variables;
- analysis of surveillance data collected for the risk assessment including
- sources of data (bibliographic databases, U.S. government sources of data and peer-reviewed evidence-based findings);
- data calculations; and
- criteria for assessing the quality and utility of the epidemiologic data.
- outcomes from the risk assessment related to the health of your target population;
- you must select one screening tool from one peer reviewed journal article and discuss the reliability and validity of the tool; and
- a minimum of five peer reviewed evidence-based journal articles with findings relevant to your target population and selected epidemiological problem.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.)
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and use APA 6th edition format
Expert Solution Preview
The Community Risk Assessment is an important component of the Population Health Care Delivery Project. It focuses on identifying specific population health risks and is used as the evaluation tool for Course Outcome 2. The purpose of this Assignment is to develop a comprehensive understanding of the demographic and social determinants, including multicultural and diverse communities for the selected population health, community infrastructure variables, analysis of surveillance data, and criteria for assessing the quality and utility of the epidemiologic data. The Assignment also requires selecting one screening tool from one peer-reviewed journal article and discussing the reliability and validity of the tool. Additionally, the Assignment requires five peer-reviewed evidence-based journal articles with findings relevant to the selected target population and epidemiological problem.
The Assignment should be well-written, organized, and follow the conventions of Standard English. Moreover, it should have superior content, organization, style, and mechanics, and use APA 6th edition format. Overall, completing this Assignment will enable the medical college students to develop their understanding of population health risks and will help them to become well-prepared medical practitioners.